Life is passing by too quickly. It seems I've spent a long time living with my eyes closed-- living in a dream. Dreams are meant for those that are asleep, I refuse to be asleep. I want to wake up and for the first time, really LIVE.

Look around. What do you see? Despair and sorrow. I look at my life and think of all the things I wish for, I long for. Look at them: those on the street, those wandering around begging for food, I feel so selfish. Complaints have crowded my life these days it seems. I need to change.

Yesterday a man came up to us and asked for food. My mom gave him food to get him through the night. I looked at him dumbfounded. I must have stared too long, lost in my own thoughts. My lola was beside me. He thanked her, then turned to me then hesitantly said, "Pasensya ka na ineng". I don't know why he said sorry. Sorry for being hungry? Sorry for the trouble? The truth is, I should be the one saying sorry. Sorry for being so prejudiced. I said a little prayer. May God Bless you and give you all the riches in the world.

Wake up. Wake up.

Comments (0)